Is it possible to specify equation bounds when learning using PC?

The front end.
maghnie

Is it possible to specify equation bounds when learning using PC?

Post by maghnie »

I used PC to learn the structure and parameters of a BN (see attached screenshot).
The raw data contained time series of 4 temperature sensors in an air handling unit.

Now, I'd like to set evidence in the outdoor air temperature (ODA), which intuitively would be a temperature in Celsius degrees between -20 and 40. However, it appears that it's only possible to set evidence between -1 and 1.

So, is it possible to change the bounds? Or is there another way to set the evidence for the layperson?

Thanks for your time!
Attachments
ahu_bn_pc_q.PNG
ahu_bn_pc_q.PNG (70.53 KiB) Viewed 3767 times
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: Is it possible to specify equation bounds when learning using PC?

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

The bounds can be edited after learning - simply enter -20 and 40 as lower and upper bound.
maghnie

Post by maghnie »

Thank you for the quick answer!

My bad, I had tried setting the bounds like that last night, but thought I did something wrong when I saw overflow/underflow warning messages. 😅

I see now from this post and the Autodiscretization help page, that this is mostly normal.
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

The default [-1, +1] bounds should be modified by the PC algorithm. It should be either an open interval (-inf,+inf), or values from the learning data, rounded or not.

I've added an item to our feature tracker, and we will make this modification before the next release.
maghnie

Post by maghnie »

That would be yet another great feature - thank you!