max sensitivity Genie 2.4

The front end.
CamillaNegri1

max sensitivity Genie 2.4

Post by CamillaNegri1 »

Hi there,

When doing a SA and hovering over a node's tornado icon, I can see a box showing the sensitivity (max, minx, avg). I was wondering 1

) for which node state is genie showing the sensitivity in this case?
2) how is sensitivity max calculated?

Many thanks and best wishes,
Camilla
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: max sensitivity Genie 2.4

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

The min/max/avg are calculated over sensitivities of all parameters in node's CPT. The sensitivity algorithm calculates a separate sensitivity value for each of the CPT entry for each target state of each target node.

You can view per-parameter sensitivities in the node properties/definition when sensitivity mode is active. The numeric cells in the CPT grid will have their background shaded from white to red depending on the sensitivity. Place the mouse cursor over a numeric cell, and you'll get a multi-line tooltip with actual numbers from sensitivity algorithm.
CamillaNegri1

Post by CamillaNegri1 »

Thank you.

And, when I look at the sensitivity to my target node, I see that it is not sensitive to anything (most boxes are grey). Meanwhile, if I move upstream to those target node's parents as target of my SA, I do notice the target node is sensitive to some parameters. Is that a normal occurrence with BBNs? Does it mean in my case that everything is sort of averaged out and the final node is not sensitive anything in particular?

Many thanks and best wishes,
CN
marek [BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Post by marek [BayesFusion] »

Hi Camilla,

I'd love to look at this model to make sure that I am understanding your question correctly. Perhaps we can meet online? Please shoot me a private message so that we can set the time. Alternatively, perhaps you can share with me the relevant part of the model? You can use GeNIe obfuscation function to preserve your IP.
Cheers,

Marek
CamillaNegri1

Post by CamillaNegri1 »

Hi Marek,

Thanks for your patience, I've sent you a private message.

Thanks,
Camilla