Error message when using continuous nodes

The front end.
csizi

Error message when using continuous nodes

Post by csizi »

I get error messages like this when I set observations in a network with continuous nodes:
"Discretization problem in node HOMA_IR: Underflow samples: 25758, min=-438.746 loBound=0 Overflow samples: 14199, max=875.909 hiBound=20 Total valid samples: 20043 of 60000"
Can you explain it? How can I fix this?

(BTW, I don't get an email notification when you answer my questions. All notification options are enabled.)
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: Error message when using continuous nodes

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

Your HOMA_IR node has finite bounds specified (0 to 20). The node equation was used 60000 times during discretization sampling. The equation inputs were uniformly selected from parent intervals (if there were any parents). Out of 60000 values sampled, only 20043 were within the bounds. 25758 samples were less than 0 and 14199 samples were greater than 20.

You can either ignore this message, or extend the lower or upper bound. As long as you're getting reasonable number of values within the bounds, the discretized probability distribution should remain valid. Another option is to review and modify the equation specified form HOMA_IR.

You can configure your email notification in forum's User Control Panel - go to Board preferences/Email notification options and select the email option for "Someone replies to a topic in a forum to which you are subscribed".
csizi

Post by csizi »

Thanks!
"You can configure your email notification in forum's User Control Panel - go to Board preferences/Email notification options and select the email option for "Someone replies to a topic in a forum to which you are subscribed"."
That is checked. There seems to be some other issue. (I checked the Spam folder of my mail software. It is not there either.)
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

Please make sure you have the "Notify me when a reply is posted" option checked when creating a new post. To enable notifications in the existing topic/thread, click on the topic tools button (the wrench icon), and select 'Subscribe topic'.

I have checked the reply notifications using two different forum accounts - it works fine when topic is subscribed. You can also subscribe to topics created by other users.