the pysmile can not learn the parameters of DBN network completely

The engine.
Yang Yajie

the pysmile can not learn the parameters of DBN network completely

Post by Yang Yajie »

Dear sir or madam,

Recently, I can not learn the parameters of DBN in python by using the newest version academic pysmile package which I downloaded from the BayesFusion website.

I try to create the simple DBN and learn the parameters of the created DBN in python (provided by tutorials from the BayesFusion website and changed a little bit code, I did not pre-define the CPT of each node).

I used the newest pysmile academic package and pysmile_license to create DBN and learn the parameter of DBN. as you can see, the CPT of 'Rain' can not be learned completely. The parameters of "Rain" in year T+1 also were not learned successfully.

Could you please help me with this problem? I put the code and the created DBN, and the DBN after parameter learning in the attached figures in this google drive as below. Thank you very much!

Actually, before I use the business version pysmile package and pysmile_license, I can learn the parameters of DBN completely. but the business pysmile_license was expired, so I download the academic pysmile package and academic pysmiole_license again. at first, my spyder can not import the pysmile package successfully, but this import problem was solved by downloading python 3.10. Could you please help me solve this parameter learning of the DBN network problem? I was sucked by this problem for many days.

Thank you very much!
Last edited by Yang Yajie on Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: the pysmile can not learn the parameters of DBN network completely

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

Can you share the source code and your model in the text format? You can use the private messaging on this forum if you don't want these to be publicly accessible.
Yang Yajie

Post by Yang Yajie »

thank you very much!. i will send the txt file.
Yang Yajie

Post by Yang Yajie »

Dear shooltz,

After checking, I found the error in my code. the problem exists in the data file. I have fixed this problem. Thank you very much!

Best wishes,
yajie yang