About learning parameters

The front end.
philrain

About learning parameters

Post by philrain »

I used the data to learn a BN structure, and then when I used the new data for parameter learning, I completed the Match Network and Date steps, but the Learn Parameters with EM step did not appear?

There is another question. In the Match Network and Date step, a yellow exclamation mark will appear in front of the node. What does this mean?
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: About learning parameters

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

I used the new data for parameter learning, I completed the Match Network and Date steps, but the Learn Parameters with EM step did not appear?
The EM options window should appear after you complete network/data matching. Did you get any error/crash message?

The yellow exclamation mark icons appear in the matching window when there's a match between node N and data, and not all parents of N are also matched.
philrain

Post by philrain »

After completing the network and data matching, if there is no yellow exclamation mark chart, the EM option window will not appear, and it will directly display that it has been completed. Then if there is a yellow exclamation mark, "initialzating" will appear and the program will flash back.
philrain

Post by philrain »

shooltz[BayesFusion] wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:33 am
I used the new data for parameter learning, I completed the Match Network and Date steps, but the Learn Parameters with EM step did not appear?
The EM options window should appear after you complete network/data matching. Did you get any error/crash message?

The yellow exclamation mark icons appear in the matching window when there's a match between node N and data, and not all parents of N are also matched.
After completing the network and data matching, if there is no yellow exclamation mark chart, the EM option window will not appear, and it will directly display that it has been completed. Then if there is a yellow exclamation mark, "initialzating" will appear and the program will flash back.
philrain

Post by philrain »

philrain wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:41 am
shooltz[BayesFusion] wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:33 am

I tried it. The network structure obtained by the PC algorithm will not show the EM interface, but the Bayesian search will show the EM interface.
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

The PC algorithm produces a 'pattern', which may include cycles and/or undirected or bidirected arcs. If your pattern is a DAG, you can proceed to EM by clicking on the 'Learn parameters' button in the PC patter editor.