Comparison and Value Node Alternative

The front end.
Danny

Comparison and Value Node Alternative

Post by Danny »

Hi,

I am loving the software so far! I have just a quick question as I am building my first Bayesian network with GeNIe. I am wondering if there is a way for me to incorporate comparison and value nodes within the Bayesian network domain.

As some context I am just trying to create a simple distance comparison node which compares two distance values
1. safe distance prior
2. current distance to vehicle ahead

The comparison then outputs whether we are within a safe distance (current distance to vehicle ahead>safe distance prior).

Thanks in advance! :)
marek [BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: Comparison and Value Node Alternative

Post by marek [BayesFusion] »

Hi Danny,

Please look at the attached network -- it implements comparison between two distances. Generally, you will have to use equation nodes for the comparison. If you insist on having a discrete network (there is really no need for that, as GeNIe implements hybrid networks with no limitations on the form of the functions and distributions in continuous nodes), you can always discretize the nodes in question and produce a discrete network that you can then embed into your model.

I hope this helps,

Marek
Attachments
Car Safety.xdsl
(2.33 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
Danny

Re: Comparison and Value Node Alternative

Post by Danny »

Many thanks for the helpful guidance and the attached network implementation. It is clear now and that has helped a lot!

Best wishes,
Danny