interpreting Tornado diagram for sensitive analysis

The front end.
cody

interpreting Tornado diagram for sensitive analysis

Post by cody »

I have some difficulty in understand what Tornado diagram tells me. For example, I have the following chart:

Doc1.docx
(28.93 KiB) Downloaded 281 times
The chart shows Sensitivity for PTSD_Alter = high. For Bar 2, which is the second most sensitive factor, it shows "PTSD_Alter = high | PTSD_intr=high, ..
What I confused about is why the sensitivity factor for "PTSD_Alter = high" is ""PTSD_Alter = high | PTSD_intr=high," that is, itself?

Thanks for help.

Cody
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: interpreting Tornado diagram for sensitive analysis

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

tornado.png
tornado.png (23.84 KiB) Viewed 4558 times
Your tornado chart shows how the probability of the PTSD_Alter=High would change if you would start modifying CPT elements in the entire network (including the CPT for the PTSD_Alter node), one at a time.

For bar 2, the CPT element is indeed an entry in the definition of the PTSD_Alter. Your interpretation is correct - the output probability is sensitive to the value of the CPT in PTSD_Alter.
cody

Post by cody »

Thank you, Shooltz. If I understand you correctly, what Bar 2 indicates is that if we change the probability distribution in PTSD_Alter=high, then the probability for ...| PTSD_intr=high, traum_event=high, distressing=high will increase as well. So, it is a mutual sensitivity in a sense. Is this interpretation correct?
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

So, it is a mutual sensitivity in a sense. Is this interpretation correct?
Yes, that's correct. Sensitivity analysis in GeNIe looks at all parameters, including the parameters in the CPT of target node.