BayesBox and BayesMobile released

The front end.
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

BayesBox and BayesMobile released

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

We have released two new products:
  • BayesMobile: diagnostic GeNIe/SMILE models on a mobile device. It's now available in the Apple AppStore; Android version coming soon.
johnastle

Re: BayesBox and BayesMobile released

Post by johnastle »

Sorry if this is the wrong place to submit a question but how can I upload a Baysian network that I created using GeNIe Academic on my computer to Bayesmobile, which I just signed up for?
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

You can load your own models into BayesMobile after $9.99 in-app purchase (payments are handled by Apple Store). Click on the "Use Your Model" option on the main application screen. Please note that the .xdsl file should be on your device already.
Attachments
screenshot-bayesmobile.jpeg
screenshot-bayesmobile.jpeg (43.52 KiB) Viewed 7511 times
johnastle

Post by johnastle »

Thanks - that worked. Now I see there are "import cases" and "export cases" options. Can I create a file in Excel that I can then import into the app and if so, what type of file does it need to be? I tried tab delimited and comma delimited and they don't seem to be working (I exported a file from the app, modified it to change just the name of the cases and variable results, then saved it as these two file types to import into the app but that didn't work).
johnastle

Post by johnastle »

Nevermind. I realized I can do in GeNIe what I was trying to in BayesMobile. Is it (or when will it be) possible to run the diagnosis function in BayesMobile for Discrete Models?
piotr [BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Post by piotr [BayesFusion] »

At this moment BayesMobile is not able to change the definition of the network, which includes observations, strengths and diagnostic faults.
You can modify your network in GeNIe or with SMILE and then load it to BayesMobile.
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Is it (or when will it be) possible to run the diagnosis function in BayesMobile for Discrete Models?
Just to clarify: BayesMobile main functionality is actually running diagnosis with discrete models. You can create a diagnostic model in GeNIe, test the diagnostic output in GeNIe, then upload the model to BayesMobile and run diagnosis on your mobile device.