Soft evidence seems to be deleted after updating beliefs

The engine.
Robin

Soft evidence seems to be deleted after updating beliefs

Post by Robin »

Hi,

while evidence is usually kept in the network once you have entered it, it seems that soft evidence is deleted after updating the beliefs.

In the concrete case, I have two subsequent decision nodes. After entering soft evidence into the network, I update the beliefs. Then I enter the decision of the first decision node by choosing the maximum utility. After that, I update the beliefs again in order to calculate the expected utilities of the second decision. However, now the BN behaves like it does not know about the soft evidence. If I enter the soft evidence again before updating the beliefs the second time, everything works fine. I also noticed that this behavior does not appear in the GeNIe frontend.

Do you believe that this may be a bug or is it a feature that I failed to understand?

Thanks,
Robin
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: Soft evidence seems to be deleted after updating beliefs

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

Robin wrote: Do you believe that this may be a bug or is it a feature that I failed to understand?
This is a bug. Soft evidence is erased by inference algorithm for influence diagram. The fix will be available soon.
k5

Post by k5 »

Has this been corrected? If so, where can one obtain the update?
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

k5 wrote:Has this been corrected? If so, where can one obtain the update?
The current public build (2.0.3717.0) has the fix.