library conflicts?

The engine.
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: library conflicts?

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

Sorry - your Linux system is Itanium-based and we don't have the binaries for this platform.
sjin

Post by sjin »

shooltz wrote:Sorry - your Linux system is Itanium-based and we don't have the binaries for this platform.
I'm sorry to hear that. It seems that I have to give up the linux try and get back to VS.

I started over and tried again:

1) downloaded smile_1_1_windows_vc8 and saved all the extracted files in the same directory with my .vcproj file and source code.

2) In Visual Studio, I didn't add any input for additional dependencies. In Code Generation, I set Runtime Library as Multi-threaded Debug DLL (/MDd).

3) When I built the code, there's no warning or error this time. But I failed to run it with this message "Unable to start program 'c:\documents and settings\d3m956\desktop\june2tailevent\june2tailevent\june2\debug\June2.exe'. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Review the manifest file for possible errors. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. For more details, please see the application event log". Any suggestion? Thanks!
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

sjin wrote:I'm sorry to hear that. It seems that I have to give up the linux try and get back to VS.
Linux would be an option on Intel x86 or x64 architecture. If you _really need Itanium support we'd have to negotiate that on higher level (it would require ssh access to your Itanium computer).

3) When I built the code, there's no warning or error this time. But I failed to run it with this message "Unable to start program 'c:\documents and settings\d3m956\desktop\june2tailevent\june2tailevent\june2\debug\June2.exe'. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Review the manifest file for possible errors. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. For more details, please see the application event log". Any suggestion? Thanks!
Are you sure you have Service Pack 1 applied to your VS 2005 install? If this is the case, please post the text copied to clipboard by clicking 'Copy Info' in VStudio's about box.
sjin

Post by sjin »

Thank you, shooltz! I installed the service pack 1, and there's no compiling or runtime error anymore. Thank you so much for your help!
shooltz wrote:
sjin wrote:I'm sorry to hear that. It seems that I have to give up the linux try and get back to VS.
Linux would be an option on Intel x86 or x64 architecture. If you _really need Itanium support we'd have to negotiate that on higher level (it would require ssh access to your Itanium computer).

Are you sure you have Service Pack 1 applied to your VS 2005 install? If this is the case, please post the text copied to clipboard by clicking 'Copy Info' in VStudio's about box.