Feature-Request: Expression > Arithmetic functions>Min

The front end.
joergweber79

Feature-Request: Expression > Arithmetic functions>Min

Post by joergweber79 »

Hello everybody,

i am very happy with the genie tool, since other comparable tools are very expensive and include few functions.

Although i would like to have min(x1,...,xn) and max(x1,....,nx) functions as expressions in the arithmetic functions in a MAU node, which return the smallest / largest x.

I really need this function for my studies and it would be very kind if it could be implemented in the next build.

Thanks a lot for the nice work and keep it up

Greetings,

Joerg
marek [BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: Feature-Request: Expression > Arithmetic functions>

Post by marek [BayesFusion] »

joergweber79 wrote: i am very happy with the genie tool, since other comparable tools are very expensive and include few functions.

Although i would like to have min(x1,...,xn) and max(x1,....,nx) functions as expressions in the arithmetic functions in a MAU node, which return the smallest / largest x.

I really need this function for my studies and it would be very kind if it could be implemented in the next build.

Thanks a lot for the nice work and keep it up
Joerg,

Thanks for your kind words. We have had this functionality for some time :-). To create a generalized MAU node, please change the type of the node to MAU after creating a utility node. The node definition will allow you to enter any functional relation. We have quite a number of predefined functions. Min() and Max() are in the Logical functions group. I will attach a simple model illustrating this. Please let us know if this solves your problem. And, by all means, do keep asking for things that you need in your work!
Cheers,

Marek :-)
Attachments
MAU.xdsl
(2.02 KiB) Downloaded 471 times
joergweber79

Can't load example file

Post by joergweber79 »

Marek,

thanks for your quick reply and creating the example file. Unfortunately i can't open the file in genie. I use the newest builld 2.0.3259.0. Trying to open the file genie notices that the file can't be loaded. In the console I see an error message:

"Error at 15,25 while loading c:\...\MAU.xdsl: Invalid expression: Unknown function: Min"

Seems that this function is not implemented in the current build. Can I use an older (and stable) build, which includes this function? Where can I get older releases?

Lot's of thanks for your support!

Joerg
marek [BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: Can't load example file

Post by marek [BayesFusion] »

joergweber79 wrote:thanks for your quick reply and creating the example file. Unfortunately i can't open the file in genie. I use the newest builld 2.0.3259.0. Trying to open the file genie notices that the file can't be loaded. In the console I see an error message:

"Error at 15,25 while loading c:\...\MAU.xdsl: Invalid expression: Unknown function: Min"

Seems that this function is not implemented in the current build. Can I use an older (and stable) build, which includes this function? Where can I get older releases?

Lot's of thanks for your support!
Oops! It is quite likely our latest build, available only in executable form. Please download the following ZIP file and copy the contents of this file over the files in Program Files\GeNIe 2.0:

-- link no longer valid, removed --

This should do the trick.
Cheers,

Marek
joergweber79

Thanks for the quick fix

Post by joergweber79 »

Wow, i wouldn't have thought, that you could provide a fix so quickly. Everything works fine now! Thank you very very much!!

Joerg