jSMILE on Windows - compilation errors

The engine.
Vin

jSMILE on Windows - compilation errors

Post by Vin »

Hello,

I develop an application which uses jsmile library. On Linux it runs correctly, but I cannot make it run on Windows. During compilation, it throws error like in this forum post:
https://genie.sis.pitt.edu/forum/viewto ... 7f17ddd1cf

I tried to compile dll library and smile.jar from sources as it was suggested in the last post. I followed the whole readme and all was fine until compilation, then the visual studio (2008) complained that "Error 1 error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Building smile.jar" jsmile jsmile". Then I tried building the file with the help of buildj.bat, and it worked for building the smile.jar, but it didn't produce any dll. When I attempted another build from studio, it throwed "Error 1 error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Building smile.jar" jsmile jsmile".

Am I missing something? I searched the forum, looked at readmes, couldn't find any clue that wouldn't turn out wrong.

Thanks for response.
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: jSMILE on Windows - compilation errors

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

buildj.bat uses javac to compile the Java part of jSMILE. jsmile.dll, which is the platform-specific binary is built by Visual Studio's build system. Are you sure javac is on your path?
During compilation, it throws error like in this forum post:
The post you're quoting describes a runtime error, not a compile-time issue, and is not related to the problem you're experiencing.
Vin

Post by Vin »

shooltz wrote:Are you sure javac is on your path?

Code: Select all

echo %PATH%
C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Java\jd
k1.7.0_17\bin
and javac.exe is in the bin directory.
shooltz wrote: The post you're quoting describes a runtime error, not a compile-time issue, and is not related to the problem you're experiencing.
You're right, shame on me. But it throws same error when I try to run the example with the dll that is available for download.
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

Try adding the JDK bin path in Tools|Options|Projects and Solutions|VC++ Directories|Executable files.

BTW, I've just updated the jSMILE source package to keep it in sync with recent SMILE changes. This is unlikely to fix the PRJ0019 problem, however.
Vin

Post by Vin »

Couldn't get it to compile even after adding jdk to the path in visual studio. Anyway, I used the new jSMILE win32 package and it runs fine now (no runtime error like in the linked post). Thanks!