SMILE API suggestion: load XDSL network from string

The engine.
aiGuy

SMILE API suggestion: load XDSL network from string

Post by aiGuy »

Hi guys, I got an email from a developer that said I might make this suggestion on the board. Basically, I'd like to be able to build a network in GeNIe, and then have some way to compile that network into a SMILE application so that I don't have to have a file in some specific location. I'm actually attempting to do a one-off, simple Python interface to a SMILE backend for my network (e.g. updateAIGuysDumbVariable(char *evidence)). However, to load the network right now I am either going to have to do some crazy stuff with placing the XDSL file in a specific location. Python C modules are compiled, so I'd rather just have the XDSL contents as a string in a header file that's available whenever the module needs to load it. Hopefully that's only once, and probably on instantiation of an "AIGuysDumbBN()," but we shall see. I'm not quite there yet.

Either way, GeNIe and SMILE have been a pleasure to work with so far. Obviously input from others is welcome as well.
aiGuy

Re: SMILE API suggestion: load XDSL network from string

Post by aiGuy »

Also, if anyone else wants to go ahead and write a full-on Python wrapper for SMILE, I'd be forever in their debt. :D
orzech

Post by orzech »

Hi,

I double your suggestion. I'd be great if you could load an XDSL model from a stream or an array of bytes. I think it's not that big deal and it would enable developers to 'hide' their models in compiled applications. Also it would provide a mean of encryption and decryption of models (without using temporary files) which is something I would love.

Thanks for your good hint!
Piotr
Gardiola

Post by Gardiola »

any news on this post ?
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

This has been included in the library.

Best,

Martijn