Accessing Layout information from Smile

The engine.
jonnie

Accessing Layout information from Smile

Post by jonnie »

Hello, I have a question: How can I access layout information of nodes in Smile?
What I'd like to see: node positions, sizes, colours of the nodes and their text.
I've just started using Smile and I successfully iterated over the model, e.g. I found the nodes, their parents and children, different node types, and also the probability tables. I also found their names, IDs and comments attached to them. However, I wasn't able to find any functions which give access to the layout information.
I know that in the XML these things are defined in the <extensions> part, but so is their name as well, which is accessible within Smile.
The only post regarding colours that I found is this one: http://genie.sis.pitt.edu/forum/viewtop ... p=658#p658 but these functions are no longer existent in the current version of Smile.
Thanks, jo
jonnie

Re: Accessing Layout information from Smile

Post by jonnie »

Okay nevermind, I found out a few things now:
- The functions mentioned in that post are functions of the jSmile Java wrapper for Smile. (And they still exist of course.)
- From within C++ directly, you can access the layout information through the node's screenInfo, for example: node->Info().Screen().color
Thought I shouldn't just delete this topic since this isn't mentioned anywhere in the docu.