SMILE.NET issue on Windows 7

The engine.
saleharaza

SMILE.NET issue on Windows 7

Post by saleharaza »

Hello,

I am using SMILE.NET wrapper for Bayesian inferences. So far I have been using Windows Vista and everything was working fine. Now, I need to run my code on Windows 7. On Windows 7, when I try to create object of Smile.Network class, it throws 'BadImageFormat' exception saying 'Not a valid Win 32 application'. The same code is working fine on Vista.

Is there any known compatibility issue of SMILE.NET with Windows 7? Please help.

Regards,
Saleha
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: SMILE.NET issue on Windows 7

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

Is there any known compatibility issue of SMILE.NET with Windows 7?
We didn't receive any bug reports related to Windows 7 yet. Can you check what exactly is the .Net framework version your program is running on?
saleharaza

SMILE.NET issue on Windows 7 (64-bit)

Post by saleharaza »

OK, I figured out that it is working fine on Windows 7.0 (32 bit) but gives error on 64-bit version. Is Smile.NET wrapper supported on 64 bit version of Windows 7.0? We are working with Visual Studio 2008 (.NET framework 3.5).

Regards,
Saleha
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: SMILE.NET issue on Windows 7 (64-bit)

saleharaza wrote:Is Smile.NET wrapper supported on 64 bit version of Windows 7.0? We are working with Visual Studio 2008 (.NET framework 3.5).
I can't check it myself, since I don't have 64-bit Win7, but I suspect Smile.NET won't load into 64-bit .Net process, because it contains 32-bit native code.
yichengrau

Post by yichengrau »

Can the SMILE group provide a 64 bit wrapper? I'm running a web service on Windows Server 2008 64bit.
The current wrapper does not work with 64bit IIS.
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

yichengrau wrote:Can the SMILE group provide a 64 bit wrapper?
That's highly unlikely in the near future. However, the full Smile.NET sources are available at our download page - you can try compiling it for 64-bit.