A Problem with "Hepar II.xdsl"

The engine.
elaitila

A Problem with "Hepar II.xdsl"

Post by elaitila »

Hi all,

I have a vb.net code which I use to operate smile networks. So far I have used it with "hailfinder.xdsl" and "alarm.xdsl" that are found from the network repository of the site http://genie.sis.pitt.edu/networks.html.

With those two networks the code works fine but with "Hepar II.xdsl" (found from the same place) my programme does not seem to be able to read the file properly. For example, with the following code I get that net.NodeCount is zero and net.Name is "Sub0" no matter to which I have changed the name manually.

Dim net As New Smile.Network
net.ReadFile("complete path to the .xdsl file")
MsgBox(net.NodeCount.ToString)
MsgBox(net.Name)

Does anyone have any idea what's wrong?
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: A Problem with "Hepar II.xdsl"

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

Check if your program handles spaces in filenames correctly. The file which doesn't load has a space after 'hepar' prefix.
elaitila

Post by elaitila »

shooltz wrote:
Check if your program handles spaces in filenames correctly. The file which doesn't load has a space after 'hepar' prefix.
As I said in my original message I have tried changing the name of the file manually to different strings, also to such that don't have spaces in them. I have also tried to alter the name and id settings in the file's source code, but that hasn't helped either.
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

Can you open your 'hepar II.xdsl' in GeNIe?
elaitila

Post by elaitila »

shooltz wrote:Can you open your 'hepar II.xdsl' in GeNIe?
Sigh.. I just noticed that my code was downloading the file from a wrong folder which had all the other files I've been using except this one. I corrected the path string and now everything works.

I'm awfully sorry for troubling you all and especially you, shooltz. I guess sometimes some things just need to be learned in the hard way.

Thanks for the patience and help anyway!