Genie 2 vs 4 - discretization triggered

The front end.
CamillaNegri1

Genie 2 vs 4 - discretization triggered

Post by CamillaNegri1 »

Hi there,

I have a hybrid network and I have been building it in Genie 2.4. Just for a test I have also opened it in Genie 4, and I have noticed that if I set up my evidence in Genie 4, the network gets discretized. This does not happen in Genie 2.4 and I am able to open the target node and look at the value tab (which is what I am interested in, hence I usually keep the hybrid network and I don't care about discretizing it).

Is this normal?

Thanks,
Camilla
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: Genie 2 vs 4 - discretization triggered

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

In the continuous or hybrid model, the discretization should be triggered when there's evidence in the nodes with parents.

Can you share your network and the evidence which does not cause discretization in GeNIe 2.4? Without this information we cannot determine if this is a bug in old GeNIe 2.4, or a problem with the current version of the software.
CamillaNegri1

Post by CamillaNegri1 »

Hi there,

the evidence is set on a parent node only, not on any child nodes.

How can I share the BBN privately?

Thanks,
Camilla
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Send me a private message on the forum, or an email to BayesFusion’s support account,

Just to clarify the conditions which trigger discretization: an evidence set on any node with parents requires the discretization of the entire network.
the evidence is set on a parent node only, not on any child nodes
If the parent node does not have any parents, there should be no discretization.
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Answered using private message.