Bug on copy and paste in latest version

The front end.
PCherubini

Bug on copy and paste in latest version

Post by PCherubini »

I installed (on macos 14.3, using crossover) the latest version genie-academic-4.0.3005
With this version, you cannot paste the bitmap of a network to a document. With the previous version (that I still have, fortunately) it was, and still is, possible. This functionality is important for pasting examples to docs, can you please restore it? Thx
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: Bug on copy and paste in latest version

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

We did not change any code related to copy/paste recently. I can paste a bitmap copied from the most recent GeNIe Academic when running on Windows. We will test on Wine/Crossover next.
PCherubini

Post by PCherubini »

Ok thank you for testing, because since it works with the previous release, and not with the latest one, I suspect the reason cannot be my machine
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

What's the version number of the previous release (the one which has working copy/paste)?

Also, what's the software you are pasting the bitmap into?
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

We have confirmed the problem you reported with 32-bit GeNIe running on macOS and wine-7.7 (CrossOverFOSS 22.1.0). The bitmap copied to clipboard by 32-bit GeNIe is not visible to 64-bit programs (native macOS and 64-bit Windows running under Wine/CrossOver). However, the bitmap can be pasted into other 32-bit Windows software running under Wine/CrossOver.

We tested older 32-bit GeNIe releases, and found no version of the program which could produce a bitmap in the clipboard, which would be visible to 64-bit software.

We consider this to be a CrossOver issue, and will contact them. However, at the moment their bug tracker page says they're not accepting new bug reports.

As a workaround, consider using a 32-bit version of ReactOS Paint. Just run this program from CrossOver (no installation is necessary), then copy from 32-bit GeNIe Academic, paste into ReactOS Paint and save the image file. To download ReactOS Paint, follow the link below and click Download button on the right hand side.

https://github.com/xmha97/ChocolateyPac ... spaint.exe
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Update on Crossover 22. Copying a bitmap from GeNIe Academic will work fine with all applications when GeNIe is installed into 32-bit bottle. Installing 32-bit GeNIe into 64-bit bottle is possible, and the program runs fine, but bitmap copy/paste does not work.
PCherubini

Post by PCherubini »

Thank you for the suggestions!

The previous version that is allowing bitmap paste was: GeNIe Academic Version 4.0.2221.0 (32-bit)
Built on 2022-10-21 (1d8e58b9cb8c800)

The version that was not pasting is: GeNIe Academic Version 4.0.3005.0 (32-bit)
Built on 2023-06-05 (1d997c60e195400)
I am pasting to microsoft word but I also tried powerpoint and apple pages, and it didn't work.

I confirm that I installed it in a windows 64-bit bottle. I'll reinstall to a 32-bit bottle