set the seed of random number generators in equation nodes

The front end.
PCherubini

set the seed of random number generators in equation nodes

Post by PCherubini »

I noticed that there are explicit options to set the random seed for network learning algorithms, but in the manual I did not find anywhere how to set the seed to a random number generetor equation in an equation node. I also noticed that for equation nodes, the seed does not change between following revalutations, even if you "invalidate values": you have to close the network and reopen it again if you want to obtain different results. Is there a simple way set the random seed to 0 (clock) for equation nodes, so that the result may change for each run? Thanks
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: set the seed of random number generators in equation nodes

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

The default value of network's random seed is zero - you should get different sampling values each time you run inference.

To check the seed, go to network properties and select the 'Inference' page. Random seed is there (it is saved in the .xdsl file if you change it).
PCherubini

Post by PCherubini »

The attached file shows the inference page of the network properties, on my computer. I can't find the rando seed there. can you please specify where it is? thanks
Schermata 2022-08-04 alle 10.57.51.png
Schermata 2022-08-04 alle 10.57.51.png (85.91 KiB) Viewed 2187 times
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

Please update your GeNIe version to 4.0 - it's available at our download site (https://download.bayesfusion.com)