smile.SMILEException: SMILE error -43 in function UpdateBeliefs. Logged information: All potential entries are zeros for

The engine.
mbernste

smile.SMILEException: SMILE error -43 in function UpdateBeliefs. Logged information: All potential entries are zeros for

Post by mbernste »

I am running inference on a Bayesian Network and am receiving the error:

smile.SMILEException: SMILE error -43 in function UpdateBeliefs. Logged information: All potential entries are zeros for node...

From reading this forum, it appears that this could be due to either conflicting evidence or a lack of precision (https://support.bayesfusion.com/forum/v ... ries#p3665)

How can I go about diagnosing this issue?

Thanks,
Matt
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: smile.SMILEException: SMILE error -43 in function UpdateBeliefs. Logged information: All potential entries are zeros

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

Can you share your network and the evidence set?
mbernste

Re: smile.SMILEException: SMILE error -43 in function UpdateBeliefs. Logged information: All potential entries are zeros

Post by mbernste »

Thank you very much for your help. How would you like me to send you the files? I tried to attach the files in a private message within this web forum, but the Bayesian network file is too large.
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Upload the files somewhere and send me the link in PM.
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Error -43 you're getting is caused by the loss of precision in the inference algorithm.

Can you limit your target node set? It's not very likely to help in the case of 152 evidence nodes, but it's the only workaround remaining (without changing the structure and/or parameters of your network).
mbernste

Post by mbernste »

Unfortunately, no I cannot change the structure of the network nor the target nodes. Are the probabilities implemented as log-probabilities (in log space)? If so, I am surprised at the loss of precision. Thanks for your help.