Diagnosis: Make Bipartite Graph crashes

The front end.
jonnie

Diagnosis: Make Bipartite Graph crashes

Post by jonnie »

Hello I found a new nut for you to crack :)
I have this example network here and it's annotated with diagnostic information and I want to create a bipartite graph out of it!
Unfortunately, GeNIe crashes. But it doesn't crash when I remove the yellow node (by deletion or marginalization doesn't matter)...
Can you tell me what's the reason?
Greetings Johannes
Attachments
diagtest.obfuscated.xdsl
(11.58 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: Diagnosis: Make Bipartite Graph crashes

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

The crash was due to determinism in the network. You can download modified binaries using the link I've provided previously.
jonnie

Post by jonnie »

Yeah, works! Awesome bugfix time :)
Now I'm sorry, but making a bipartite graph still crashes when I want to convert the whole network... The crash looks different this time. I'll send you the problematic network via PM.
The crash is immediate so I guess GeNIe is not running out of computer resources, it's something wrong with the network structure or CPTs again...
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

jonnie wrote:The crash is immediate so I guess GeNIe is not running out of computer resources
It does, actually. On my machine the failure happens when adding 18th parent to one of nodes in the bipartite graph. The size of CPT needs to increase to 134217728 entries (approx. 1GB of contiguous memory). The allocation fails and std::bad_alloc is not caught, bringing GeNIe down.
jonnie

Post by jonnie »

Haha, I guess that network is simply not meant for bipartition!
Well I've looked on my task manager and I didn't see any memory spike before GeNIe went down, so I figured that can't be the reason... Maybe it would be possible if GeNIe could generate a noisyMAX bipartite graph, but then again, this would probably approximate the JPD too much...
Thank you a lot!