New feature feedback: Marginalize Node

The front end.
jonnie

New feature feedback: Marginalize Node

Post by jonnie »

There's a new feature in GeNIe that lets you marginalize a node into its child. First I want to say that's a great new feature! :D
Right-click on a node and select Marginalize.
The node gets removed. Its CPD gets merged into the CPD of its child, and the node's parents become parents of the child.
It doesn't work if the node has several children. In this case no error message is displayed (also not in the Output view), which would be nice.
Also, I have to report a bug; maybe this wasn't anticipated but it screws up noisyMAX children. I marginalized a deterministic node between a CPT parent and a noisyMAX child, and the child ended up with a leak of approx. -3e-270 and 2e-311 which doesn't make sense because they don't add up to 1 and one of the values is actually negative. Considering how small these numbers are I guess it's a numerical issue...
Good luck fixing it! This feature will be very useful for me once it works :)
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: New feature feedback: Marginalize Node

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

jonnie wrote:It doesn't work if the node has several children. In this case no error message is displayed (also not in the Output view), which would be nice.
We'll appreciate (as always) if you can provide the reproducible case. This sounds like a bug.
maybe this wasn't anticipated but it screws up noisyMAX children.
The feature currently only works for general CPTs. We'll add support for noisy nodes soon.