GeNIe Feature Suggestion: At-a-glance probability visual...

The front end.
aiGuy

GeNIe Feature Suggestion: At-a-glance probability visual...

Post by aiGuy »

Hi guys. I'm new to the world of PGM building tools, and fairly new to PGMs a a whole even, but I've used SamIam and GeNIe a little bit. In my opinion, the only thing that SamIam has over GeNIe is that in query mode, updating evidence and seeing posterior probabilities is much much easier. To describe it just a bit, basically SamIam displays all node distributions on top of the node, and it allows you to click the variable to add evidence. Then, at a glance, you can see all other probabilities update. For larger networks I assume this isn't a very quick operation, but for smaller networks, it's great.

Anyway, I was told that I might make suggestions on these boards. Obviously all input is welcome.
Martijn

Re: GeNIe Feature Suggestion: At-a-glance probability visual

Post by Martijn »

Hi,

GeNIe can actually do this as well.

Try the following:
1. Select all the nodes
2. right click on a node
3. from the context menu select view as -> bar chart
4. From the Network menu select Update immediatly

Now you'll see the distribution of all the nodes.
If you double click on one of the states it will be set as evidence and you'll see all the distributions updated immediatly.

Best,

Martijn
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

Steps 1-3 can be replaced by right-clicking outside of any object in the graphical editor, then selecting VIew nodes as|Bar chart.
aiGuy

Post by aiGuy »

SWEET! I meant to say that I actually figured this feature had to be in there. Well, this'll make life a lot easier. I've been working with non-computer scientist experts in another field so long I actually forgot that PGMs are still our domain, and we double as UI experts and whatnot, too. Thanks!