Runtime Error

The front end.
normanwang

Runtime Error

Post by normanwang »

Runtime Error.GIF
Runtime Error.GIF (7.71 KiB) Viewed 4669 times
Hi, I build a Bayesian network which has so many discretized states for each node. I can save the file. But when I run my model, I got this message"Runtime Error". Would you please help to solve it? I am just really frustrated. The attachment show the detailed message. In my opinion, it seems this is about CPU problem or the software itself. Look forward to hearing any news. Thanks a lot in advance.

BTW, the network use temporal plate. I can run for 10 time steps. But if 70 time steps, the error message is given as the picture.

Cheers
Norman
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: Runtime Error

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

BTW, the network use temporal plate. I can run for 10 time steps. But if 70 time steps, the error message is given as the picture.
The error you're getting is caused by failed allocation of the memory required to solve the 70-step network.

If you're interested only in posteriors of subset of nodes, try marking them as targets. This may (but does not have to) reduce the complexity of the unrolled network. If this doesn't help you may use one of GeNIe's sampling inference algorithms like EPIS.
normanwang

Post by normanwang »

Thank you for your reply. Is there any way to allocate enough memory so that 70 time steps can be calculated with inference algorithm "clustering" ?

Regards
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

normanwang wrote:Thank you for your reply. Is there any way to allocate enough memory so that 70 time steps can be calculated with inference algorithm "clustering" ?
Probably not without setting explicit targets and/or reducing the state counts in nodes.
normanwang

Post by normanwang »

Oh, that is really terrible for me !!! If I reduce the state counts, the results accuracy cannot be guaranteed. I also have tried with other algorithms, the results are not accurate enough. I think I need to compromise the both. Thanks a lot, anyway.