More info for noise adder please

The front end.
charlie

More info for noise adder please

Post by charlie »

Could anyone provide more information on noisy-adder such as a paper by Adam Zagorecki and Marek Druzdzel "The noisy-average model for local probability distribution" (which is on Researchgate but I don't have an access without an edu email).

I am quite confused by GeNIe's noisy-adder node's behavior especially with the complication of leak and weight. It doesn't behave the way I assumed.

Many thanks

Charlie
marek [BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: More info for noise adder please

Post by marek [BayesFusion] »

The Noisy-Adder model is described in the doctoral dissertation of Adam Zagorecki (2010), Section 5.3.1 Non-decomposable Noisy-average. Here is where you should be able to find it:

http://d-scholarship.pitt.edu/6542/

I hope this helps,

Marek
charlie

Post by charlie »

Thanks.
charlie

Post by charlie »

Hi Marek

Forgive my ignorance - I still feel confused with noisy adder's behavior. Please see attached a simple noisy-adder net and a spreadsheet version with calculations in cells colored in red. The CPTs in the net are different from those in the Excel sheet. Could you please enlighten me where I got wrong?

Many thanks

Charlie
Attachments
NoisyAdder.xlsx
(10.74 KiB) Downloaded 380 times
NoisyAdder.xdsl
(1.39 KiB) Downloaded 365 times
charlie

Post by charlie »

I know now where I got wrong - I didn't exclude the distinguished states when calculating the average.

Recalculated with the exclusion is attached (tab "Simple_correct"), which is the same as network's CPT.

While the problem is solved I'm still wondering why distinguished states should be excluded. Any enlightening on this is still appreciated, please.

Charlie
Attachments
NoisyAdder_1.xlsx
(13.12 KiB) Downloaded 357 times