Model Parameterization - equation to fill CPT

The front end.
viliop

Model Parameterization - equation to fill CPT

Post by viliop »

I have to fill large CPT cells, i am searching an equation or algorithm method to fill in automatic way the CPT cells.
marek [BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: Model Parameterization - equation to fill CPT

Post by marek [BayesFusion] »

You cannot place an equation in a CPT cell in GeNIe. However, you can freely copy and paste tables or their fragments between GeNIe and a program like Excel, so you can easily construct a CPT in Excel and then paste it into GeNIe. You can also use continuous nodes with equations that describe the interactions between a node and its parents. Once you have decided about discretization, you can use this to produce a CPT through the discretization tab. Finally, you can do anything in your own program if you use SMILE.
I hope this helps,

Marek
viliop

Post by viliop »

Dear Marek, thanks for your answer, I am trying to apply a validate through K-Fold validation by chosing two class nodes, but it sends validation error, there is some limitation rule to fold count or folding seed parameters?
marek [BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Post by marek [BayesFusion] »

There is no limitation on the seed. Seed zero invokes true randomness, so your results are not going to be reproducible. The smallest number of folds is two, otherwise it would not make sense to use k-fold cross-validation. GeNIe will not allow you to enter a number smaller than two, so your problem seems to be of a different nature.

Please start a new topic whenever the question changes -- it will help others with finding answers to their questions.
I hope this helps,

Marek
JohnLee

Post by JohnLee »

I recommend adding the function of 'tree-structure cpt or other cpt' for discrete nodes
viliop

Post by viliop »

Thank you very much