Testing model on out of sample data

The front end.
Snarf

Testing model on out of sample data

Post by Snarf »

Hey, I'm reasonably new to GeNIe and having built a Bayesian network I am trying to test it using data not include in the training set used by the structure learning algorithm.

Is there a feature that will allow me import a file with multiple cases and output the outcome of the network in each case?
I understand the Case Manager tool, but it does not allow for external data to be loaded into the Case Library and inputting a large amount of cases may become tedious :/

And then once the cases are loaded, is there a method to determine the outcome of the network without having to update the network with each case individually?

Thanks in advance
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: Testing model on out of sample data

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

Snarf wrote:I understand the Case Manager tool, but it does not allow for external data to be loaded into the Case Library and inputting a large amount of cases may become tedious :/
You can do that - use the 'Open data file' or 'Import ODBC data', then select 'Copy cases' option from the 'Data' menu (assuming that target network file is open).
And then once the cases are loaded, is there a method to determine the outcome of the network without having to update the network with each case individually?
Unfortunately, this is not possible using GeNIe only - but you can do that easily with SMILE, jSMILE or Smile.NET.