Loading soft evidence from data file

The front end.
chonsern@hotmail.com

Loading soft evidence from data file

Post by chonsern@hotmail.com »

Greetings to all,

I'm currently working on a project using Genie, and I have a couple of questions. In my network, I kept my nodes to be in binary states and set soft evidence so that my CPT won't grow too big exponentially. So naturally all my evidence data are in the form of numbers between 0 and 1.

The problem I face is, Genie treats this data as continuous data and it cannot be loaded into case manager as well.

Is there a way for me to solve this problem that I missed? On the other hand, is it possible to learn network from data containing soft evidence?

Thanks for the time.

Chon Sern.
chonsern@hotmail.com

Help

Post by chonsern@hotmail.com »

Dear Decision Lab team,

I'd really appreciate it if someone can address the problem that I mentioned because it is of importance in my project.

A short but straight-to-the-point answer would have sufficed for me.

Regards,
Chon Sern.
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: Loading soft evidence from data file

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

chonsern@hotmail.com wrote:The problem I face is, Genie treats this data as continuous data and it cannot be loaded into case manager as well.
That's correct; currently we don't support importing cases with soft evidence. You can try modifying the XDSL's XML directly and injecting the cases there.

On the other hand, is it possible to learn network from data containing soft evidence?
No, this is not supported at the moment.