Setting Virtual Evidence

The front end.
David_Leng

Setting Virtual Evidence

Post by David_Leng »

Hi

Sorry to bother you. How does virtual evidence work in GeNIe please? I started off by thinking about Soft Evidence and Jeffrey's Rule (which essentially boils down to the weighted averaging of Hard evidence outcomes). Having read a few posts I'm not sure that GeNIe implement soft evidence.

However, that aside, I can't get GeNIe to do anything with virtual evidence. I set some on my test network node, update the beliefs and the network seems to resort to its baseline priors.

Clearly I'm being dim, but.......

Thanks

David
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: Setting Virtual Evidence

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

Having read a few posts I'm not sure that GeNIe implement soft evidence.
GeNIe implements virtual (not soft) evidence. Under the hood it works by creating a temporary child node for each node with virtual evidence set and populating child's CPT with values based on virtual evidence values.
However, that aside, I can't get GeNIe to do anything with virtual evidence.
Post your network here. You can save your virtual evidence values in the XDSL file if you use GeNIe's case manager.
David_Leng

Post by David_Leng »

Hi, Thanks.

Network attached. It's not complicated and is one of the standard teaching ones. Pick any VE to set at the "Alarm" node - say 70%(No), 30%(yes).

How do I set that and then update the network?

Thanks

David
Attachments
Earthquake.xdsl
(2.03 KiB) Downloaded 487 times
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

Right-click on Alarm, then Set Evidence|Virtual Evidence from conteext menu. To update the network, press F5 or click on the lightning icon on the toolbar.
David_Leng

Post by David_Leng »

Thanks. Sorry about not getting back sooner. All the best, David