Load network with evidence

The front end.
Djeez

Load network with evidence

Post by Djeez »

Is it possible to load a network with evidence?

I have a network built with GeNIe, and loaded in my application using SMILE. Then evidence is added based on sensor inputs, and I would like to see for debugging and diagnostic purposes, to see how the network evaluates given the evidence. For that I would like to use GeNIe as it has all the displaying capabilities I need.

Printing out the evidence and inserting it by hand using GeNIe is very time consuming and error prone.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Djeez.
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: Load network with evidence

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

You can use Case Manager feature in GeNIe - enable it from the View menu. Basically, you can associate any number of evidence sets ('cases') with the network. This information is saved in .xdsl file.
Djeez

Post by Djeez »

Is it possible to generate the cases using SMILE? According to the documentation, the case library is associated with DIAG_Networks and is saved in scl-files. So I assume this is different from what you describe.

Let me quickly describe my intensions. I am creating a network that will do inference 10x per second based on sensor inputs (using SMILE). To see what is going on and for debugging purposes, I would like to save the evidences at some particular moment in time.

What I see now as an option is to create a program that inserts cases as xml into the xdsl file, and then use the case manager of GeNIe to inspect the network. Or is there an easier way?

Thanks!

Djeez.
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

Djeez wrote:Is it possible to generate the cases using SMILE? According to the documentation, the case library is associated with DIAG_Networks and is saved in scl-files. So I assume this is different from what you describe.
The cases in Case Manager window are stored in DSL_network object. We don't have the documentation for this feature - you'll need to check the network.h to see the set of case-related methods (AddCase/GetCase/DeleteCase) and simplecase.h for the details of the case management.
Djeez

Post by Djeez »

I'll take a look!

Best regards,

Djeez.