Can't open database files

The front end.
alesya

Can't open database files

Post by alesya »

Hello!
I'm using GeNIe 2.0 to learn a Bayesian network. I can't open database and text files. Message is "Unable open database file". Could you tell me why this problem occurs?
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: Can't open database files

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

alesya wrote:Hello!
I'm using GeNIe 2.0 to learn a Bayesian network. I can't open database and text files. Message is "Unable open database file". Could you tell me why this problem occurs?
I can't diagnose the problem without more information. Can you post your text file here? Can you open the data files from the 'examples' directory (located in GeNIe's install dir).
alesya

Post by alesya »

My actions are as following:
I open File -> Import ODBC Data...
Then in dialog window that appears I choose "MS Access 97 Database (not sharable)". In the next window I choose retention.mdb (this file is located in GeNIe 2.0/Examples/Learning and as I understand is a standard one and deployed with GeNIe installation package). Then appears the window with a table and checked all columns, I press OK button. The result is "unable to open database file".
In the case of opening File -> Open Data File... I choose standard retention.txt file in Examples/Learning folder. The result is the same.
I would be very thankful for advice!
Attachments
retention.txt
(7.4 KiB) Downloaded 618 times
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Since both ODBC import and text file load do not work on your machine, the likely explanation is the issue with SQLite, which powers GeNIe's data grid view.

Can you unzip the attached file and the open it in GeNIe?
Attachments
retention.zip
(5.82 KiB) Downloaded 852 times
alesya

Post by alesya »

I have unzipped the attachment and opened it in GeNIe. It was properly loaded. If the likely problem with other data files is SQLite, what should I do to avoid it? Should I install SQLite on my system or something else?
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

SQLite is an embedded DB engine - this means that entire SQLite code is inside GeNIe's binaries.

The most probable explanation of your problems is an issue with Windows temporary directory - this is where temporary SQLite db file is created by GeNIe when you import ODBC data or open text file. To check what's the temp directory, type

Code: Select all

echo %TEMP%
at the command line. Try removing all files from that directory.
alesya

Post by alesya »

Temp directory was shown to be located at
C:\DOCUME~1\АЛЕСЯ\LOCALS~1\Temp
I have removed all files in it. Then I've tried to open data file, but an error was as in the previous cases. Maybe GeNIe stores temporary files at another directory? Or the problem occurs because of other reason?
Is it possible to import excel or access files into .dat or .gdat format and open them in GeNIe?
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Can you unzip the file I've attached in one of previous posts to your %TEMP% directory, then open unzipped .gdat file from that location?
tloy1966

Re:

Post by tloy1966 »

alesya wrote:Temp directory was shown to be located at
C:\DOCUME~1\АЛЕСЯ\LOCALS~1\Temp
I have removed all files in it. Then I've tried to open data file, but an error was as in the previous cases. Maybe GeNIe stores temporary files at another directory? Or the problem occurs because of other reason?
Is it possible to import excel or access files into .dat or .gdat format and open them in GeNIe?
I maybe find the problem

In your local "C:\DOCUME~1\АЛЕСЯ\LOCALS~1\Temp"

the user name(АЛЕСЯ) may cause the error

try use english account :)