genie crashes

The front end.
safaa

genie crashes

Post by safaa »

Hello,
I have downloaded latest Genie. i'm running it on win 8. I have read in the OS that it is probably work on win8 64bit, with 4GB RAM.
it is crashes even i'm just learning on it. no complex network. it gives the message that genie asks for termination.
I've ran Genie as admin it didn't work . I have data set with 4872 rows with 11 variables. I've ran Bayesian search with default settings

thank you
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: genie crashes

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

We won't be able to help you without the data file causing the crash.
safaa

Post by safaa »

thank you for your replay;
the problem was with windows 8 it self; I have run Genie on window 7 32bit Virtual machine. and it works very well.
safaa

Post by safaa »

hello !
geni crashes again with this message (This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.). when i download dbn which I've made prameter learning using EM without making any target nodes and executes fine, but when i re-open it. it gives the crash message above. and I notice that when I open the original BN it opens fine.
I searched the forum i've seen somebody has the same problem and you told him to specify less target nodes. i can't attach the dbn file because it is 1.88 GB why?
I have 14 nodes with 3 time slice and first order dynamic Bayesian network. the data set i use for inference has 1600 record.
i have made all i can from updating c++ library until re install the OS.
Last edited by safaa on Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

safaa wrote: i can't attach the dbn file because it is 1.88 GB why?
There's probably a limit on the max attachment size. You can try zipping your file and uploading it to Dropbox, then posting only a link here.
safaa

Post by safaa »

shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Your DBN is too complex to load due to excessive CPT sizes. Even if it would be possible to load it, the DBN inference requires the creation of the temporary network through unrolling - this will consume even more memory. Finally, the inference will also need to allocate significant amount of memory for its jointree (target selection only influences this last step).

Note that GeNIe is 32-bit program and will get only 2 gigabytes from the OS, even if your computer has much more RAM available. If you need to work in GeNIe you'll have to simplify the network by removing arcs and/or reducing the number of states in nodes. Each CPT has the element count equal to the product of parents' and node's state counts (multiply this by 8 to get size in bytes ).
safaa

Post by safaa »

thank you.
does using smile solve this problem?
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

safaa wrote:does using smile solve this problem?
Unlikely, but you may try using 64-bit SMILE.