Discretizing

The front end.
hector.reyesmoncayo

Discretizing

Post by hector.reyesmoncayo »

Good Morning

I have defined the structure of my network. Some variables are continuous and I want to discretize their PDFs to make them work with discrete nodes. My problem is that I cannot find the GeNIe tool to do it. I would appreciate if someone could tell me how to find and use that tool in GeNIe.

Thanks
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: Discretizing

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

Some variables are continuous and I want to discretize their PDFs to make them work with discrete nodes
GeNIe supports discretization, however this will work only in the network containing only continuous nodes. If your models fits into this class, then you should define discretization intervals using node's properties and enable the AutoDiscretize option in Network|Algorithm. You can control the number of discretization samples and zero avoidance behavior through Discretization page in network properties.
hector.reyesmoncayo

Thanks for your answer; however I can't find the discretization page of the node.

If I have a file with distribution of the variable, can I discretize it?

Thanks

Hector
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

hector.reyesmoncayo wrote:Thanks for your answer; however I can't find the discretization page of the node.
What are the names of pages you can see in node's property sheet?
hector.reyesmoncayo

I found the discretization tab for the equation node.

I need to include decision and utility nodes in the model. Is there any way to do that if I have equation nodes?

Thanks

Hector
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

No, this is not supported at this point. The closest thing would be manually discretizing the equations (to obtain discrete BN) and adding influence diagram features. This is of course feasible only if your equations are unlikely to change.