Discretizing more than one column at a time?

The front end.
marsden99

Discretizing more than one column at a time?

Post by marsden99 »

I am trying to learn the structure of a network with 3,000 nodes from a data set of continuous values. In order to use a structure learning alogorithm other than PC, I need to discretize the data. However, as far as I can tell I can only discretize the data by clicking on one column of the data at a time and then selecting the type of discretization I want to use for that column. Is there a way of discretizing more than one column at a time? With 3,000 column it’s not practical to select them all one by one.

Sorry if this is a very basic question. Thanks for your help!

L
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: Discretizing more than one column at a time?

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

marsden99 wrote:I am trying to learn the structure of a network with 3,000 nodes from a data set of continuous values. In order to use a structure learning alogorithm other than PC, I need to discretize the data. However, as far as I can tell I can only discretize the data by clicking on one column of the data at a time and then selecting the type of discretization I want to use for that column. Is there a way of discretizing more than one column at a time? With 3,000 column it’s not practical to select them all one by one.
You can discretize more than one column by selecting multiple columns and invoking the Discretize command. To select multiple columns, click on the headers with Shift or Ctrl pressed.

Let us know what happens when you try this with 3,000 columns :)