sensitivity analysis

The front end.
Mastif

sensitivity analysis

Post by Mastif »

Hello,

I searched the forum in order to find some explanations about sensitivity analysis in GeNIe. However everything what I found did not answer for my questions.

The sensitivity analysis is based on "Sensitivity analysis in descrete Bayesian networks" by Castillo et al if I'm not mistaken. However, I did not understend what actually is implemented. What are the steps of analysis in GeNie?

I will appreciate any ideas or links

Thanks
gosia
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: sensitivity analysis

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

Mastif wrote:The sensitivity analysis is based on "Sensitivity analysis in descrete Bayesian networks" by Castillo et al if I'm not mistaken.
The implementation is based on "Making Sensitivity Analysis Computationally Efficient" by Kjaerulff and van der Gaag.

What are the steps of analysis in GeNie?
See the last post in this thread:
http://genie.sis.pitt.edu/forum/viewtop ... vity#p3291
Mastif

Post by Mastif »

thank you !!!
Mastif

Post by Mastif »

You can view the actual sensitivity values in node's CPT table. With sensitivity enabled the background color of CPT cells is based on their respective sensitivity. For actual numeric value, hover the mouse cursor over the cell to show the tooltip.
from http://genie.sis.pitt.edu/forum/viewtop ... vity#p3291

In tooltip we have three value max, min and average. I'm a little bit confuse how to interpret this numbers. Are they upper and lower bounds? but what in this case "Avg" means?
The implementation is based on "Making Sensitivity Analysis Computationally Efficient" by Kjaerulff and van der Gaag

Am I correct, that the n-way sensitivity to parameters analysis is implemented? if so how the min, max and average are calculated.

and one more...

Does a sensitivity to findings analysis is implemented in GeNIe?

thanks
gosia
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

In tooltip we have three value max, min and average. I'm a little bit confuse how to interpret this numbers. Are they upper and lower bounds? but what in this case "Avg" means?
The tooltip you're referring is based on the sensitivity coefficients calculated for each entry in node's CPT. As they have different values we show min, max and the average (Avg). If you open the node's definition page when sensitivity mode is on, you'll be able to see the coefficients for each CPT entry by hovering the mouse cursor over the grid cells.
The implementation is based on "Making Sensitivity Analysis Computationally Efficient" by Kjaerulff and van der Gaag

Am I correct, that the n-way sensitivity to parameters analysis is implemented?
No, the implementation in SMILE/GeNIe performs the analysis of selected (possibly all) outputs wrt to all parameters.

Does a sensitivity to findings analysis is implemented in GeNIe?
I'm not sure what you mean by findings analysis.

thanks
gosia[/quote]
Mastif

Post by Mastif »

ooooo. .. I see

thanks, you have helped me a lot