Can't change the colour of arcs

The front end.
andrew.oconnor

Can't change the colour of arcs

Post by andrew.oconnor »

In version 2.0.4334.1 the default colour for node arcs was a strong blue, however these could be changed in the properties panel.

In version 2.0.2815.1 the default colour has changed to a light grey which is difficult to see when taking a screen shot to put in documents. Despite being able to select the option to change the colour of the arc, they simply won't change. When I load an old file created with the previous version of Genie, those arcs are still blue and I can change those arcs. Any new arcs are created grey and cannot be changed.

No biggy, but thought you should know.

Thanks

Andrew
Martijn

Re: Can't change the colour of arcs

Post by Martijn »

Hi Andrew,

The grey color isn't really a new default color, it actually has a specific meaning.
It means that the child node is in fact conditionally independent of the parent. If you mouse over the arc (the arrow head works best for this), you'll see it's labeled as unnecessary.

If you make any changes in the parameters of the child you should get your usual colors back.

Best,

Martijn
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

You can also disable this feature in Tools|Options|General - uncheck the 'Dim unecessary arcs' option.
andrew.oconnor

Post by andrew.oconnor »

Thanks Gents, a helpful feature.

I was taking the screen shots after I'd created the structure. I've reopened the nets after I'd filled in the CPTs and you're right.. all blue again!!!

Thanks for the tip to turn them off...

Regards,

Andrew
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

andrew.oconnor wrote:I was taking the screen shots after I'd created the structure.
One more tip: instead of the screenshot, you can use Edit|Select All, then Edit|Copy (or Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C) to get the image of the network in the clipboard, then paste into your program. If pasting into word processor, use Paste Special, because text processing programs default to text format on paste (so you'll get the list of node names).

This will also work with a subset of nodes selected.