Importing data from Excel not working

The front end.
tstephens3956

Importing data from Excel not working

Post by tstephens3956 »

I am trying to import data from an Excel file, I get essentially only an empty table. I have worked the tutorial example importing data from Microsoft Access and that works for me resulting in a table that I can adjust for missing values etc, however, Excel does not. All I get with Excel is an empty table.
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: Importing data from Excel not working

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

tstephens3956 wrote:I am trying to import data from an Excel file, I get essentially only an empty table. I have worked the tutorial example importing data from Microsoft Access and that works for me resulting in a table that I can adjust for missing values etc, however, Excel does not. All I get with Excel is an empty table.
We don't provide any direct method of importing Excel data. Did you use the ODBC import feature or exported the spreadsheet as text from Excel and tried to open the text data file in GeNIe?
tstephens3956

Post by tstephens3956 »

Yes, I am referring to using the "Import ODBC Data" tool and more specifically the "Microsoft Excel Driver" for xls files.
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

tstephens3956 wrote:Yes, I am referring to using the "Import ODBC Data" tool and more specifically the "Microsoft Excel Driver" for xls files.
It's rather hard to diagnose this issue - I suspect the problem with Excel ODBC driver. Can you check importing ODBC data into MS Access?
tstephens3956

Post by tstephens3956 »

I have done that with the file supplied with the tutorial. This works fine. I do not have Microsoft Access so I can not create my own file and try that.
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

tstephens3956 wrote:I have done that with the file supplied with the tutorial. This works fine. I do not have Microsoft Access so I can not create my own file and try that.
I don't have MS Office installed, so I can't really help you with Excel/ODBC issue. I suggest exporting Excel data to CSV and opening the resulting file in GeNIe.
tstephens3956

Post by tstephens3956 »

I can do that.