Any limit of UpdateBelief()

The engine.
khijuni

Any limit of UpdateBelief()

Post by khijuni »

Hi,

First of all, I really appreciate all supports from you. I successfully made a model which has about 93,000 nodes and 130,000 arcs with SMILE C++ API for my thesis. But I had a problem to use UpdateBelief() function. SMLIE API seems to open the large model that I made successfully, but it fails to update belief of the network. It also happens when I am trying to update the belief of the network with Genie2.0 on Windows machine. Do you have any know limit of the size of model in terms of UpdateBelief function?

Thanks very much!!
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: Any limit of UpdateBelief()

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

khijuni wrote:Do you have any know limit of the size of model in terms of UpdateBelief function?
For the SMILE's clustering algorithm there's no hardcoded limit; the only requirement is that temporary structures used by inference code have to fit into available memory. However, it's impossible to estimate how much memory is needed just by counting nodes and/or arcs - the actual value depends on the entire structure of the network.

If you're only interested in the posteriors of the subset of 93,000 of your nodes, use SetTarget calls to mark this subset. This may reduce the memory amount required for successful inference.