Doubt using SMILE

The engine.
matheuseel

Doubt using SMILE

Post by matheuseel »

Hello,

I´m trying to use SMILE in a project, but I´m not beeing able to use the library.
I need to use Visual C++ . net 2003 , and don´t know wich files I need in my project and how to do that. I tryed to include smile.h and the smile.lib but the project is having some Linking problems and it´s not working.

Maybe I need to use the smilenet.dll but I am a beginner and don´t know how to do that either. Reading the documentation I couldn´t find out.

If someone could tell me how to do it I would appreciate very much.

Thank you,

Matheus
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: Doubt using SMILE

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

First you need to decide if you're going to use native C++ or one of .Net languages.
matheuseel

Correcting

Post by matheuseel »

I am using the native C++, and discovered that my problem was that I was using the wrong version of the library, all the rest was correct. Now it´s working. Thank you.

And I have another question, the project that I am doing, envolves getting some data and trowing it on the bayesian network, but they are continuos variables (like position on X-axis) and I will transform to discrete dividing in three states (close, medium, far), what I want to know is if its possible to use soft evidence when I get new data, like when I get a value that is medium but close to division with far, is possible that I add some probabilty to the medium and some to the far without setting it only as medium, and if is possible, how could I do it?

Thanks you very much for the attention

Matheus Arantes
matheuseel

Post by matheuseel »

Hello again,

Now I am having a new problem, I need to use a lot of nodes by their index, and I have a project done in GeNIe, is it possible to get a list with the handles of the nodes and their index?

Thank you

Matheus
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Please be more specific. What exactly is the 'index' you're referring to? A node handle, perhaps?
matheuseel

Post by matheuseel »

Hello,

Yes, the index that I was talking about is the handle, I want to know if its possible to do a list with the handles and the names of the nodes.

Thanks
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

GetFirstNode and GetNextNode will do the trick. Read more at:

http://genie.sis.pitt.edu/wiki/Referenc ... SL_network