DSL_arc

The engine.
xavier7179

DSL_arc

Post by xavier7179 »

Hello,

I read the Master Thesis "Visualizing Inference in Bayesian Networks" by J.R. Koiter. It claims that a DSL_arcs class (and its DSL_arc within) carries some very useful information (pag. 78), such as Influence direction, etc. I cannot found any methods or classes in the actual version of SMILE library (academy version). Is it correct? Can I ask why?

Thanks,
Alessandro
marek [BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: DSL_arc

Post by marek [BayesFusion] »

Hi Alessandro,

Arc properties that have to do with their strengths are part of GeNIe and not SMILE, so you cannot find this information through SMILE. We may give users access to these properties through SMILE at some point, so please stay tuned.

There is no difference in terms of SMILE classes and methods between the academic and the commercial versions of SMILE.

Influence direction is something that you can figure out quite easily through SMILE, for example through the GetParents() or GetChildren() methods. Joost Koiter's thesis was written a while back and it is quite possible that the methods and classes have changed -- I'm not sure what he is referring to in his thesis by DSL_arc class.
I hope this helps,

Marek