Graphical Output for SMILE

The engine.
HoloDoc

Graphical Output for SMILE

Post by HoloDoc »

I'm looking for a way to visualize the workings of my network in realtime (while it's being "manipulated" with jSMILE).
Before I start to make something on my own, I thought I check back here first, maybe I'm not the first who needs something like this.
I don't suppose there is a way to update the visualization of the network within a running Genie instance through an API?
Thanks for any input on this issue!
Gardiola

Re: Graphical Output for SMILE

Post by Gardiola »

I'm looking for a way to visualize the workings of my network in realtime (while it's being "manipulated" with jSMILE).
what does it mean ?
HoloDoc

Post by HoloDoc »

Gardiola wrote:
what does it mean ?
Ok, I probably could have worded this better, hopefully this example is better:

I have an application that reads values from a sensor. Based on the sensor data, I enter certain evidences into the network with jSMILE, update the beliefs, read the output from a certain node and then the application makes a certain decision based on that.
When a user normally interacts with this application, the only thing he sees are the effects of the decisions, but not the inner workings of the network. A next step would of course be to print information such as "evidence X set", "probability of X is now Y" etc. to a console.
However I would like to have a graphical output / trace of what is happening in the network. Again, what I can do is create a new case for each taken decision and then later on view them in Genie's case manager, but that is not in realtime.
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

HoloDoc wrote:I don't suppose there is a way to update the visualization of the network within a running Genie instance through an API?
No, GeNIe does not expose any functionality to 3rd party code.