Elicitate Function in Equation Nodes

The front end.
jcmargeson

Elicitate Function in Equation Nodes

Post by jcmargeson »

I'm trying to discretize a network created from continuous data. The process as I understand it from the help docs (and from searching here) is:

Learn Network --> Learn Parameters --> Network Algorithm = Select "AutoDiscretize --> Node properties --> Discretize --> ELIITATE --> Repeat for all nodes -->

Problem is, Genie crashes when I select "Elicitate." I'm curious if there's a setting that causing this or what sequence of operations is crashing the program.

Thanks!
BNTest2.xdsl
(8.64 KiB) Downloaded 447 times
marek [BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: Elicitate Function in Equation Nodes

Post by marek [BayesFusion] »

We are in the middle of developing a complete hybrid Bayesian networks capability. The newest release, to appear in mid-May, will allow you to create models consisting of a combination of discrete and continuous nodes. May I ask you to have patience with us and wait a little with this bug? It will be worth it.

In the meantime, may I suggest that instead of manual elicitation you try automatic derivation of the CPTs from the equations existing in your network? To that effect, please set the domain of each variable correctly, decide about the number of intervals (in the parent-order, i.e., start with parents before you discretize children) and use Rediscretize button? The discretized network should reasonably capture the properties of your continuous network. Please save your network regularly, just in case there are any glitches. I can assure you that we will get rid of all the glitches in the upcoming release. This is a functionality that has not received enough attention in the past and we are fixing this.

I hope this helps.

Marek