Error message opening .xdsl file

The front end.
TimoSamuel

Error message opening .xdsl file

Post by TimoSamuel »

Hi there,

While trying to open a GeNIe file, I got the following message

"Error at 1, 4 while loading C:\Users\Eigenaar\Dropbox\Compleet\GeNIe Netwerken\23-01-2017 PriorModel.xdsl: not well-formed (invalid token)"

I was wondering whether you have experience with this and what I could do to fix/debug it so it becomes operational again?

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards

Timo

p.s. I did save it in dropbox, perhaps there occured a conversion in this process? I have tried to add it as an attachment to this thread but that was unsuccesful as well.
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

Re: Error message opening .xdsl file

Post by shooltz[BayesFusion] »

We won't be able to help you without the file. The error message contains the row and the column where the problem starts.
TimoSamuel

Post by TimoSamuel »

Ok that makes sense actually, perhaps I can send it to you by email? If you would like to take a look would be great.

Regards,

Timo
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

You can paste first lines straight into the message (if, as you have mentioned at the start of this topic, you can't attach it).
TimoSamuel

Post by TimoSamuel »

Using Terminal on mac I get this. Does not look too good I'm afraid.. Do you think it is due to UNIX instead of NT? Perhaps the email/wetransfer is a better option?

head -30 PriorModel.xdsl
bookmark88Xrs/T2wYb?6?Aopbo<Users
TimoBreureDropbox
GeNIe Files23-01-2017 PriorModel.xdsl 4D ??CHevR????A?/?? file:///
Macintosh H(A???x$95F7A4F2-1AEE-3AB8-9F13-5608C4CEA545???/4dnibxdsl????????|?@T<U<V4 ? d t ? ? ? ?0 4?H? ?X?4??X"?Brams-MacBook-Pro:Compleet TimoBreure$

Brams-MacBook-Pro:Compleet TimoBreure$ more -20 PriorModel.xdsl
"PriorModel.xdsl" may be a binary file. See it anyway?
book^@^@^@^@mark^@^@^@^@8^@^@^@8^@^@^@X^C^@^@^@^@^D^P^@^@^@^@rs/T2wYb<E5>6<BE>A
^@^@^@^@opbo<^B^@^@^D^@^@^@^C^C^@^@^@^D^@^@^E^@^@^@^A^A^@^@Users^@^@^@
^@^@^@^A^A^@^@TimoBreure^@^@^G^@^@^@^A^A^@^@Dropbox^@^K^@^@^@^A^A^@^@GeNIe Files^@^Z^@^@^@^A^A^@^@23-01-2017 PriorModel.xdsl^@^@^T^@^@^@^A^F^@^@^P^@^@^@ ^@^@^@4^@^@^@D^@^@^@X^@^@^@^H^@^@^@^D^C^@^@ (^F^@^@^@^@^@^H^@^@^@^D^C^@^@<C6>?^P^@^@^@
^@^@^H^@^@^@^D^C^@^@<84>C$^@^@^@^@^@^H^@^@^@^D^C^@^@^\HG^@^@^@^@^@^H^@^@^@^D^C^@^@evR^@^@^@^@^@^T^@^@^@^A^F^@^@<98>^@^@^@<A8>^@^@^@<B8>^@^@^@<C8>^@^@^@<D8>^@^@
^@^H^@^@^@^@^D^@^@A<BE>/<CB><D9>^@^@^@^X^@^@^@^A^B^@^@^A^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^_^B^@^@^@^@^@^@^_^B^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^A^E^@^@^D^@^@^@^C^C^@^@^A^@^@^@^H^@^@^@^D^C^@^@^C^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^D^@^@^@^C^C^@^@<F7>^A^@^@^H^@^@^@^A ^@^@file:///^L^@^@^@^A^A^@^@Macintosh H^@^@^@^D^C^@^@^@^@^@(t^@^@^@^H^@^@^@^@^D^@^@A<BB><AA><E1>x^@^@
^@$^@^@^@^A^A^@^@95F7A4F2-1AEE-3AB8-9F13-5608C4CEA545^X^@^@^@^A^B^@^@<81>^@^@^@
^A^@^@^@<EF>^S^@^@^A^@^@^@<EF>^S^@^@^A^@^@^@^A^@^@^@^A^A^@^@/^@^@^@4^@^@^@^A^B^@^@dnib^@^@^@^@^A^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^D^@^@^@^@^@^@^@xdsl????^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^T^A^@^@<FE><FF><FF><FF>^A^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^V^@^@^@^D^P^@^@|^@^@^@^@
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

It's not an XDSL file. This is not a problem related to OS encoding.
TimoSamuel

Post by TimoSamuel »

Ok, that is good to hear then. Do you think I can perhaps have bugged by manually changing the file's name instead of using the save as command within GeNIe's GUI?
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

I believe the stuff you've printed in the terminal is macOS Finder's alias; it has the "bookmark88" magic header.
TimoSamuel

Post by TimoSamuel »

Ah so that means that the file is an alias making GeNIe reading an error?
shooltz[BayesFusion]
Site Admin

That is most likely explanation. XDSL format is xml, the file you have isn't.
TimoSamuel

Post by TimoSamuel »

Ok, many thanks for your help. Guess I would have start a search for the original again then..